If you’re one of the silent majority who knows they should be blogging but, for whatever reason, haven’t “gotten around to it” then this is your opportunity to do something very important for your business and finally get some blog posts published…even if you think you can’t write.
If you invest 2 hours into your marketing and follow the step-by-step plan below, you will be up and writing blog posts. If you can talk to customers about your business, you can blog.
Blogging is one of the most efficient marketing activities you can do. For an hour or two of your time, you are creating a piece of “evergreen marketing” that will continue to attract business for months and years to come.
If not blogging has been bugging you, you’re not alone. In fact, the majority of small business owners I talk to aren’t blogging even though they know it’ll get them targeted traffic to their website, build relationships and lead to more sales.
Why People Don’t Blog
Just about every reason for not blogging that I’ve heard can be put into one of these two reasons:
- It’s too complicated. That’s an easy hurdle to deal with…the how-to mechanics of blogging can be made simple and people can be trained. We strongly recommend WordPress for blogging…WP has made it so easy!
- I can’t write. This hurdle is trickier to deal with. It also comes in the form of “I don’t know what to write about” and “I’m too busy”. I believe the real underlying objection is “I’m not comfortable blogging”.
And comfort zones is an entirely different thing. If you understand that it’s not about skill but about comfort zone we can get you blogging and that’s what the steps below are designed to do.
Stretching Your Comfort Zone Leads To Blogging Success
But first, there’s a a few really big truths about comfort zones you need to know:
- By definition, stretching your comfort zone is uncomfortable. It just is. The sooner you realize that the emotional kicking and screaming and procrastination games that your mind is playing with you are just that…games, you can begin to move past them.
- If you want to, you can. Kids learning to ride their bikes handle the awkward beginnings and skinned knees because they want to enjoy the speed and freedom of riding a bike like their friends do. Blogging isn’t rocket science…it’s within your ability to do. Our Clients who are most successful online all blog. If you want to do better in the Search Engines, if you want to build relationships online, if you want to get your website going Ka-Ching! then you want to blog!
- It gets easier. Ever heard of the “learning curve”? No matter what we’re learning, the first few times are awkward and time consuming but, if you keep at it, you will get better at it. Blogging will get easier and faster for you.
Is it going to take some emotional energy on your part? Sure. Enough to let go of your thoughts about creativity, writing ability and the like. Your job in this challenge is to commit to 2 hours and to take a few specific action steps.